Did you know chocolate is good for you?? I know I didn’t believe it until I did the research.
Raw Chocolate is high in minerals including iron and magnesium. It also contains flavonoids and antioxidant compounds which protect against cell damage.
Best of all it’s as unprocessed as your going to get when all you want to do is devour some choocy woky woowha AND I can make it quicker than it takes my husband to go to the shop at 9pm and night. Winner!
Raw chocolate can:
- Boost your mood – who doesn’t want happier hormones?
- Support healthy blood flow
- Lower high blood pressure
- Along with yoga can decrease heart issues
- Improve memory function
This takes about 20 minutes plus an hour chilling time, or if you can’t wait, grab your fav fruit and get dipping
105-gram cacao butter (I buy the buttons)
75-gram cacao powder
3 tbs maple syrup (you can play around with this)
Pure vanilla essence to taste
You can add other flavours such as orange or peppermint essence.
Here’s a batch one of our community yogis made recently after visiting our chocolate and yoga workshop. I think you will agree she is very creative!
“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.”
Make a bain-marie using a pan with water and a bowl
1) Heat the water in the pan (not to boiling point)
2) Melt the cacao butter slowly, stirring with lots of love and some good vibe music. Don’t forget to shake your butt to the music
3) Remove the melted cacao and stir in the power
4) Add the syrup and vanilla essence to taste – I know, it’s a hard life
5) Pop into chocolate moulds or paper cake cases and set in the fridge for about 30 mins/1hour
TIP: Please don’t keep opening the fridge screaming “aren’t you done yet”?. It will ruin all the good dancing vibes you put in during the preperation time.
Because I’m a lazy bum, I buy all my stuff from Amazon. They have some really funk chocolate moulds too.
Please let me know in the comments how you got on and if you have any other recipe ideas?